GTR is running a three month stakeholder engagement programme. The engagement process has been developed in discussion with Transport Focus, London TravelWatch and the Department for Transport.
We will be holding a series of activities to promote the fund and answer questions from groups. We will provide regular updates on this website.
Our engagement activities include:
- w/c 22 April – Letters to MPs, passenger groups and other stakeholders launching the fund and informing them of the station allocations
- 9 May – A webinar to provide further background on the fund and how to submit ideas as well as answer any questions groups may have
- 8 May – MPs drop-in session at the Houses of Parliament to brief MPs on what allocation stations will receive in their constituency and how we are engaging groups in their area
- 10 May – Request to the Online Passenger Panel to submit ideas
- May and June – Local station Meet the Manager events
PASSENGER GROUPS & OTHER STAKEHOLDER GROUPS
If you are a member of a passenger group or other stakeholder group we recommend that you review the existing list of ideas as well as discuss existing ideas with fellow members of your group. We would be very happy to come and attend meetings to discuss ideas and answer any questions the group may have. Once discussed we recommend the group prioritise a list of five ideas before submitting them via the fund submission form.
We may have more than one submission per station which is why we are asking people to rank their ideas in priority order. We will review the ideas every two or three weeks and if there are some ideas which may not be operationally possible we will contact the person or group who submitted the idea and ask them to submit another idea or choose their next prioritised idea. We will also monitor if there are some stations which have had no ideas submitted and target those station’s passengers with promotional material asking them to join the panel and submit ideas.
At the end of the three-month engagement process we will review the prioritised ranking of all submitted ideas and produce a list of schemes that passengers want to take forward. We will discuss the list with passenger groups and stakeholders before producing a final list for implementation. If there are stations where no ideas have been submitted we will allocate their funding into the ideas selected for the wider passenger benefit schemes.